Monday 27 June 2011

Becoming Vegan & on a Low-Carb Diet

I have decided I want to become vegan! I want to because since I realised I gained weight I have been trying to cut out meat and full fat dairy products, but often I have no excuse to turn them down. (I also want to cut out carbs) Once everyone knows/thinks I'm vegan I will be able to eat a diet of fruit & veg and have no one question me, in fact a lot of people will help me stay vegan. I have decided all I have to do is seem very worried about the more environmental things and the treatment of animals. Which for my family the animal treatment may be harder to convince them of as for quite a long time in Ireland I lived on surrounded by farms, and saw how some of the animals lived a luxury life until death. BUT I hope that I can convince them I am very worried about the animals that are not as lucky as those Irish ones, the ones on battery farms etc. Which is what we tend to eat a lot of here. and the way some cows  constantly have blisters on their udders and cuts fro the machinery used to milk them, and how they are milked much more then they should be. If anyone can help me sound more convincing please comment! Especially if you are vegan yourself.
I also want to eat low-carbs. this is because the I know that glucose used to fuil the body comes from carbs, and if their are no carbs the body used fat instead, fueling itself off ketones. On my vegan diet I will be not eating many fats so if I eat no carbs my body will have to use the fat I desperately want to get rid of as fuel! Which is perfect, and I will still be getting all the vitamins I need from my veg & fruit.
xX Ana-Mia Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Weight Loss Chart

LilySlim Weight charts

LilySlim Weight charts

LilySlim Weight charts